Thursday, July 31, 2014

Algebra - Lesson 2


Math never really appealed to me all through out my school life (my eyes wander, hands doodling,
sometimes just slackin' on my chair!). Then I came across HOE a few years back (i should have had this when I was an elementary pupil), got interested, and went DIY mode. I knew that this would make a difference in the lives of my students in understanding better the principle behind equations while having fun. You see, that element actually is short in most classroom environment when it comes to number subjects. Today, it really made a lot of difference to children that used the HOE that I innovated  in our centers.

So, here's the 2nd installment of the Algebra worksheets I made, Lesson 2 - Jack's special name: "x".



Trial and Error is still the focus here. The new thing is you now introduce to the kids Jack's special name - "x". Not only does that triangle (jack) is now called "x", they also write it "x" instead of the triangle symbol. Add life to your class, make up a story in introducing Jack's special name and be happy to see their eyes wide open in anticipation then hear that burst of laughter. They will always remember you with that. Try it. Don't forget to let them work on the worksheets below. Have fun!

 

Next post, Lesson 3.

Leave a message or email at theworksheetsbox@gmail.com for more info on the full workbook content.


Algebra Play Series by The Worksheets Box


No comments:

Post a Comment