Tuesday, July 29, 2014

ALGEBRA WORKSHEETS - LESSON 1


That kinda says it all for the work I've done to come up with Algebra worksheets (more than 200 sheets)
which make use of the Hands-On Equation material developed by Dr. Borenson. I made a whole new set of equation practice sheets.

I've seen pictures of the material online but I haven't had the kit because I couldn't afford to buy it back then. What I did was read reviews, overviews, and articles written by people who probably had experienced using them. Being in the field of special education, I tried to innovate the product, applied teaching principles of use to both general and special education classroom settings, add play element for teacher and pupils to engage with fun, and then use eyes, hand, mind, speech, ears, and whole body in executing the equations.

The materials could be bought on their site (no I don't get commission for promoting the material though it would be awesome if I get that). Care was exercised in arranging the sequence of lessons applying what is known as Montessori's principle of gradation of difficulty. To complete the package, I integrated part of my M.A. thesis on Positive Behavior Supports.

As a result,  I practically developed a new holistic system of learning with special education underpinnings.

Facebook Page
    A change is needed for the board though, to accommodate well the jack stones. Will get to it soon.





Sample Algebra equations worksheets:

 


More on my next post.


Leave a message or email at theworksheetsbox@gmail.com for more info on the full workbook content.


Algebra Play Series by The Worksheets Box

No comments:

Post a Comment